The Mentor Schools Cardinal Closet
was created in response to the growing
need for resources for our students &
their families. Recently, we have opened
it up to the Mentor community.
The Cardinal Closet Provides:
Gently used clothing, shoes, outerwear, accessories and new personal care
items. We also have school supplies available.
Who can use the Closet?
All students PreK- Grade 12 are
Welcome to utilize our resources.
Families and community members
that are in need may also visit the space.
Mentor High School- upper I wing
After school Tuesday/Thursday 2:30pm-4:00pm.
All visits are by appointment only.
To schedule contact: Sarah Bidlack
Appointment form: Scan code below.
Cardinal Closet FAQs
How did the Cardinal Closet get started?
The Closet was created in response to the growing need for assistance in our community. Our goal is to give students free access to clothing and school supplies. Our motto is “Take what you need, need what you take.”
Who can use the Cardinal Closet?
The Cardinal Closet is available to all students grades PreK-12 in the District.
Where is it located?
The Cardinal Closet is located at Mentor High in upper I Wing and is part of the Cardinal Lab classroom space. For appointments, a staff member will call to confirm the date and time and will make arrangements to meet the parent(s) at a designated location and escort them to the Closet.
What items are offered in the Cardinal Closet?
- Gently used clothing: Shoes, clothes, outerwear, interview/dress clothes, accessories
- New undergarments and socks
- New personal care and toiletry items
- New school supplies
Who can refer students and families?
Any staff member in the district can make a referral. We encourage all staff members to connect with students and families to make a referral themselves, but school counselors and administrators can also make referrals.
What does the referral process look like?
There are several ways that families can access the Cardinal Closet:
- Staff can request that clothing or school supplies be interofficed to the student’s building using the Cardinal Closet Clothing and School Supply Order Form.
- Students and families can visit the space if they wish to look through items on their own. They just need to be referred by a staff member using this Cardinal Closet Appointment Form.
- Families can call or email and make an appointment using the contact information below.
How do I donate?
We are always accepting donations of new or gently used items for our K-12 students. Items can be dropped off in the Mentor High School Main Office.
Who else benefits?
The Cardinal Closet is operated by the Cardinal Lab and Unit Classrooms at MHS and allows students to practice employability and retail skills that they can later use to obtain employment.
Who should I contact if I have questions or want to schedule an appointment?